Join AJ and Irvin as they eat their way through San Francisco's FINE (and casual) DINING ESTABLISHMENTS. Every Third Thursday of the month a new restaurant will be chosen and people will dine together. Check this site for information about the restaurant chosen, and to post suggestions for the next month's restaurant. Feel free to talk about last month's choice as well. Email Irvin to RSVP by the 10th of the month.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

STERN GROVE

HEY HEY!

Got the heads up from KAREN who read it in the Chronicle yesterday. The kick off show for the STERN GROVE festival is going to be AIMEE MANN! Sunday June 18th, 2006.

Former lead singer of 'til Tuesday, AIMEE rocks. I've seen her two or three times, and she always puts on a good show. In fact I believe she was the first show I dragged AJ to see together.

Her latest album is a bit lackluster, but it has a few gems - and I'm sure she'll be playing stuff from her other albums as well. and if we're lucky, a few 'til Tuesday songs as well (last time I saw her, she closed the set with an acoustic version of "VOICES CARRY" which rocked).

Let me know if you are interested in going. I'm sure it'll be packed. She's double headlining with a Brazilian artist named Seu Jorge which I know little about. I can't wait....

OH yeah, obviously this blog is quickly becoming more than a NEW RESTAURANT OF THE MONTH sort of thing, so if you want me to stop posting about other events, please comment. Otherwise, I'll continue to post thing group events....

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We can make this post about food if we discuss what kind of food we'll bring for the picnic...

7:40 PM

 
Blogger Felisa said...

I am in like flynn on this. I think we should definitely pack a picnic lunch and blankets and go early to stake out a good spot. (Stern Grove fills up early and the last time we went, we couldn't see the stage and had to cling to tree roots like dirty monkeys.)

Suggestions on food? I can bring what my sister calls "the best chicken ever." It should do fine served cold and it's a finger food.

Or? What kinds of picnic foods do you guys like?

11:58 AM

 
Blogger Eat the Love said...

well BEST CHICKEN EVER sounds promising. but can we trust your sister?

i'll most likely be bringing some sort of sweet baked good. along with cheese and fruit.

what fun. i love a good picnic.

3:15 PM

 
Blogger Rita said...

I want Best Chicken Ever!!

Nuts.

r

2:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home