Join AJ and Irvin as they eat their way through San Francisco's FINE (and casual) DINING ESTABLISHMENTS. Every Third Thursday of the month a new restaurant will be chosen and people will dine together. Check this site for information about the restaurant chosen, and to post suggestions for the next month's restaurant. Feel free to talk about last month's choice as well. Email Irvin to RSVP by the 10th of the month.

Friday, April 07, 2006

NEW RESTAURANT LIST

I've decided to make a list of new restaurants that I personally want to go to. Please feel free to add to this list via the comments section, as well as comment on any of the restaurants if you've already been.

I'll be adding more as I think of more, and i'll be checking them off as we go to them!

1. DOSA - South Indian Cuisine. Loads of vegetarian options.
2. LOVEJOY'S TEA ROOM - we must go there for SUNDAY TEA! I want the QUEEN'S TEA. it looks fabulous!
3. FIRECRACKER - Chinese Cuisine. It's been around for ages, but we still haven't gone. I hear the Walnut Shrimp is great.
4. BAR TARTINE - first the raved about bakery (which, despite the over hype, does have quite fabulous croissants) which happens to be around the corner from us. and now the raved about restaurant.
5. MYTH - French California. formerly MC2's space.

anyone else want to add?

3 Comments:

Blogger Felisa said...

I've been to Firecracker. It's not bad...a little Americanized (especially the prices), but no day-glo sweet and sour sauce, either! My suggestions for good places, if you haven't already tried them:

Bar Crudo: http://www.barcrudo.com/
Kabuto A&S: http://www.kabutosushi.com/
Sociale: http://sanfrancisco.citysearch.com/profile/11581619&cslink=opentablepro


Places I want to try:

Quince: http://sanfrancisco.citysearch.com/profile/39696818/san_francisco_ca/quince.html
Zachary's Pizza (I'm a little embarassed that I've never eaten here.)
Medicine Eatstation: http://www.medicinerestaurant.com/ (in fact, this is in the Crocker Galleria, so maybe we should meet for lunch?)

5:36 PM

 
Blogger Eat the Love said...

I've been to MEDICINE and it's okay, but a bit overpriced. Of course, I'm not the biggest fan of vegan japanese food, so maybe i'm not the best person to ask.

i'd LOVE to go to QUINCE though. i've always wanted to go a restaurant named after one of my favorite obscure fruits. and I TOO have never been to ZACHARY's. how's that for sad?

the other top three sound great. i've never heard/been to any of those.

12:23 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just tried Dosa a few weeks ago, and it's really delicious! The only problem is that the seating area is tight, so getting a table for a party of 8 or more would require a reservation and might still be kinda crowded.

Zachary's Pizza is delicious - the stuffed spinach & mushroom pizza is the best! And yes, you know that I do not eat mushrooms, but I make an exception in this case.

I heard Kabuto A&S isn't as good as it used to be - didn't the original owners sell the restaurant to the current sushi chef? In any case, the reviews are still good although not as glowing as they used to be.

7:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home